Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, New Challenge!

As a recent transplant with a love/hate relationship with the state of California, I do have to admit that I LOVE the city we chose for our new home.

Carlsbad is a seaside, resort community located in San Diego County, between San Diego and Los Angeles. The schools are excellent, community amenities are stellar, and the proximity to everything is a huge bonus. Even though Carlsbad has a population just over 100,000, it still manages to retain that small town charm.

I've decided to combine that addiction with my love of my new hometown and do a 365 day challenge - a Photo a Day of something in Carlsbad. Some will be typical, touristy photos...others a bit more obscure and unique.

We are beachaholics, and the majority of my photos always seem to come from the beach. I'm trying to work on that. (Really, I am.) My goal is to not do more than three photos in a row from the beach. Call me on it if you see it.

My goal is this: I'll be posting a new photo each day, if my schedule permits. I will take a new photo each day, I promise, but I may not be able to post it that day due to other obligations. The only exception is if I'm out of town or on vacation - I'll either skip a day or post something from the archives for the same time period last year.


0 comments: